Fresh blueberries are a great way to introduce anti-oxidants in your diet, but they taste even better in a compóte drizzle over a warm cake. So we're sharing our recipe for a blueberry loaf cake.
Ingredients:For the blueberry compote:
For the loaf cake:
- 50g fresh blueberries
- Juice of half a lemon
- Half teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 cup plain flour
- Half cup sugar
- Zest of a lemon
- Half teaspoon baking powder
- Half teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs or half cup curd (for egg-less)
- 1/4th cup vegetable oil
- Handful of blueberries
For the blueberry compote
Put a saucepan on a high flame and add blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla essence and bring it to boil till a syrupy consistency is achieved. Keep aside to cool.
For the loaf cake
Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
In a clean bowl, add lemon zest, sugar, eggs/curd, vanilla essence and mix until everything is uniformly combined.
- Use a sieve and sift plain flour, baking powder and baking soda over the above mixture. Whisk lightly.
- Add the vegetable oil and mix well till the batter comes together in a smooth pouring consistency.
- Add blueberries and give the batter a last fold.
- Grease a cake tin and pour in the batter. Bake for 30 minutes or till the skewer comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely at room temperature. Spoon over the blueberry compote.
- Enjoy as it is or serve with vanilla ice cream
- Don't forget to post your creation on Instagram and do tag us @kosarafarm
Place an order for your Blueberries, here. These blueberries are grown hydroponically and chemical residue-free by our partner farmer in Uttar Pradesh.
We bring these Blueberries straight from the farm to your table shortly after harvest. There's no mandi or aggregator in between, hence your order will arrive within 6-7days.
So stay safe at home, while we bring these scrumptious Blueberries to your doorstep, contact-free.